This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, whether via this website or otherwise, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of Norwegian and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Illuminated AS. Please contact us if you need a postal address or the company can be looked up using the official government website for company registrations in Norway.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.omgcommunity.no (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use part of our website, subscribe to any of our updates or newsletters, search for a service, make an enquiry, engage us to provide services, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services.
- Where you are our client, you may give us certain special categories of personal data. This includes information about your personal and company finances, health, relationships and information about any personal criminal convictions or offences or company litigations (past or present) and any other personal issues.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our client service number.
Information we receive from other sources
- We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, accountants, lawyers, finance providers, tax providers and other professional service providers) and may receive personal information about you from them.
- We may obtain your name, address, telephone number or email address from publicly available information such as on the internet.
We may receive technical data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
(b) third party acquirer networks inside or outside the EU; and
(c) search information providers such as Google based inside or outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from M&A and/or Company Data providers or aggregators such as Bureau van Dijk or Preqin based inside or outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House based inside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from referral partners based inside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from Data Contractors using publicly available sources such as directories or websites based inside or outside the EU.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
It is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website and our business, in particular:
- responding to your queries;
- carrying out marketing activities;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- keeping in touch with you and/or your business;
- hosting and maintaining our website;
- providing technical support to you;
- using in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints,
- disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- ensuring network and information security;
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms;
Where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
To fulfil your requests : to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
Marketing and updates : to provide you with information about the services we offer in the form of email newsletters or about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. Or where you have provided us with your contact details, to provide you with information about the service you are interested in.
Marketing Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out of marketing communications at any time by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
Changes :to notify you about changes to our service;
Website content presentation :to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information. Aside from this, your visit to the website will remain unaffected.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive), where those purposes are compatible.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with the following third parties:
i). Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google“). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, however because IP anonymisation is used on this website, your IP address will be shortened (and therefore anonymised) as soon as technically possible and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website.
The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google, with other data.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: Google opt-out.
ii) Sharing with our service providers
We will let you know if we need to transfer your personal information to any third party service providers located outside of the EEA.
iii) Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners and other professionals for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, for example (but not limited to) lawyers, accountants, finance providers and other professional service providers.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the event of Illuminated AS being engaged by you/your company as a client to provide our services: the appraisal, sale or valuation of your company or business assets or the acquisition of a third party company or its business assets or for the provision of consultancy services or business advice specific to company sales and mergers and acquisitions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is our policy to retain your personal information for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected.
Where you are a client:
The hard copy file for your matter (including your personal data) will be retained for the period of time required in order for Illuminated AS to fulfil its services to you.
If requested in writing at any time, Illuminated AS will immediately destroy or permanently erase all Confidential Information supplied to it or made by it.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our GDPR compliant software and third party administered, encrypted cloud storage.
Hardcopy files may also stored in our secure offices.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your confidential information in accordance with all applicable laws.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by managing your preferences through unsubscribing from our marketing emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to:
- Access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent;
- If you have any questions about our processing of your personal information; or
- If you would like to transfer your personal information from us to another person or business,
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you request access to your personal information, we will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administrative fee. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.